Welcome to Ben Franklin Career Center, a recognized leader in technical education for over thirty years. Ben Franklin Career Center offers both high school and adult students opportunities for learning, training, and furthering education that enrich their lives and also promotes the economic growth of our region and state. All instruction is designed to meet the needs, abilities, and interests of our students, our community, and the businesses we serve.
It is the responsibility of Ben Franklin Career Center to meet the needs of secondary and adult students who are interested in developing skills, knowledge, proper work ethic, and competencies for working in the 21st Century. We encourage students to understand that pride comes not necessarily from the type of job one has, but from the type of work he/she does and the service he/she renders.
The mission of Ben Franklin Career Center is to prepare students to be college and career ready.
The staff members at Ben Franklin Career Center support the following:
- the curriculum will address the needs of students with varying abilities, aptitudes, interests, objectives, and personal qualities;
- the training will be based on hands-on activities with a support program in basic skills, technology, personal development, and job-seeking skills;
- the quality of the training program will enable students to gain an entry level position in their field anywhere in the world;
- the program will provide on the job training, school business opportunities, apprenticeships, internships or clinical experiences to all students;
- students will be expected to exhibit a strong work ethic and contribute to society in the training program;
- the school and local businesses will unite to provide a quality program for the students;
- the staff will continue to train in their field of expertise to insure updated training for students.
Accreditation and Certification
Ben Franklin Career Center is operated by Kanawha County Schools. Our adult programs are accredited by the Council on Occupational Education and approved by the West Virginia Department of Education, West Virginia Board of Education, Kanawha County Board of Education, the West Virginia Department of Employment Security, Vocational Rehabilitation, Job Corps, Veteran's Administration, and Workers Compensation.