This is a two year half-day program for high school students and 1-year full-day for adults (8-2:30).
The students will study a variety of diesel engines including Caterpillar, Detroit, Cummins, and Mark. Students may earn the following certificate: certificate in Diesel Mechanics.
The following are topics to be covered:
Opportunities in this field include:
Entrance Requirements- High School
- Juniors or Senior at a KCS high school, or a high school graduate/GED
- Basic Math/Reading
- Moderate Lifting
- Proof of Insurance
- High School diploma; GED certificate; TASC completion certificate
- Ben Franklin Career Center Application
- FAFSA completion (List Ben Franklin School Code 013732 in the schools to be notified)
- TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) -Test given at Ben Franklin
- Interview with instructor of chosen program
- Driver's License /ID
- Drug Screen
Adult Program Costs
There are no additional costs for KCS high school students.
For adults, this is a 1080 clock hour program that begins in August.
Parking Permit (if necessary)
Drug Testing and Background Check
Total Expenses (for 1 year)